Assistant Payroll Manager
· Cherry Hill, NJ · King of Prussia, PA · Philadelphia, PA
The Assistant Payroll Manager position, is under the general direction of the Payroll Manager. They will coordinate the processing of multiple payrolls, accountable for collecting timekeeping information and incorporating a variety of other payroll processes and have a great understanding of the concept of confidentiality. The goal is to carry out all payroll procedures with speed and accuracy.
- Process bi-monthly Compas and CMI Media LLC payroll.
- Process all necessary changes in ADP: rate changes, addresses, benefits, departments, new hires, terminations, bonuses, commissions, and retro pay.
- Coordinates the workload of the payroll department.
- Uses various software programs to input, maintain, research and retrieve information necessary for payroll, along with managing the MasterFile spreadsheets.
- Track and get hourly employees information approved for payroll.
- Resolves payroll discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
- Provides payroll information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintains employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping all information confidential.
- Download electronic payroll reports after each payroll.
- Send positive pay information to the bank.
- Prepare various monthly reports (Headcount, Gross Pay to Headcount)
- Provide accounting with dollar amounts after each payroll for bank reconciliation for various providers (ADP, HSA, Positive Pay, Ameriflex).
- Work with Human Resources on various requests pertaining to bonuses, employment verifications.
- Set up new hires and process Egencia, ExpenseWatch and Quickbooks.
- Process weekly changes within Egencia, ExpenseWatch and Quickbooks.
- Stays current, complies with and provides interpretations on various rules, regulations, and laws.
- In the absence of the Payroll Manager, coordinates the daily payroll activities and functions.
- Performs other related duties or projects as assigned.
- Associates Degree or two years of college level coursework in accounting or business.
- Five years of progressive work experience in payroll processing.
- Tax withholding.
- Strong Excel skills.
- Familiarity with general accounting principles.
- Organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
ALL FOR GOOD
CMI/Compas was built on inclusion and diversity. It is in our DNA and core values. Challenging the norm is where we started and it’s what drives us as a health leader, indispensable partner, and home for our employees. We are a group of hearts and minds who want to make a difference and celebrate being different, to give voice to and truly hear our people and our partners. We believe in more than “all”. We believe in “all for good.”
CMI Media LLC and Compas, Inc., are an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
We will not accept resumes or candidate submittals from employment agencies or outside recruiters.Back to Current Openings