Associate Director, Client Finance
Client Finance · Cherry Hill, NJ · King of Prussia, PA · New York, NY · Parsippany, NJ · Philadelphia, PA
At CMI Media Group, we believe in bringing healthcare to life. Our innovative team combines data-driven technology, precise and individualized plans for our clients, and a passion for doing the right thing, every day.
The Associate Director will assist VP, Client Finance in leading the Client Finance department in support of the media organization to ensure the highest quality of financial service to our clients and realize the full revenue potential of every client through support of our account teams. In collaboration with cross-department Directors and Supervisors, provide leadership and guidance for administrative and staff functions, including financial flow, billing, reporting, resource planning, organizational learning, staff development and process improvements. Cultivate strong working relationships with client financial stakeholders, serve as a key point of contact for client liaising with Compas.
Supervise organizational learning and knowledge management for direct reports within the Client Finance department. Ensure that individual and organizational learning are in alignment with overall business and Client Finance departmental goals.
- Independently develop client scope of work (SOWs) contracts, ensuring all SOWs and Change Orders are developed to reflect client brand priorities and staffing requirements
- Oversee the management of budget trackers, SOW trackers, actual hours/expenses vs. estimated, staffing hours and aging reports; providing monthly and quarterly updates to each team ensuring accuracy across brands
- Provide financial consultation to cross functional teams regarding financial kick-off, monthly estimate vs actual tracking, billing and actualization
- Proactively recommend incremental scope and staffing needs based on monitoring of pacing and business changes
- Ensure client staffing resources are aligned with current SOWs and provide recommendations for adjustments
- Develop accurate staff recruiting forecasts for client teams, including succession planning, organic growth and new business
- Assist with oversight of cross company staff utilization, capacity and productivity such that billable goals are met or exceeded – ensure a balanced workload across all teams
- Oversee the monthly billing process and approval for client invoicing
- Provide financial consultation to cross functional teams for new business assignments and identify/assign appropriate resources
- Maintain current client Purchase Order #s (PO#s) and investigate/resolve any issues
- Negotiate and maintain Syndicated Research contracts, evaluate new resources and recommend proper rate structure to recoup fees
- Perform routine human resource administrative tasks for Client Finance team (e.g., employment screening/interviewing, performance assessment, succession planning, onboarding plans, disciplinary actions, etc.)
- Estimate, manage and ensure appropriate use of the resources needed to bill 100% of SOWs
- Identify and initiate overarching “best practice” process improvements that could be applied to all clients (i.e., improve efficiency and quality of deliverables) and enforce that SOPs are being followed within Client Finance department
- Directly manages subordinates within the Client Finance group. May directly or indirectly manage subordinate managers who supervise employees on the Client Finance teams. Receives guidance and direction from VP, Client Finance and Director, Client Finance regarding overall goals and business objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 4-6 years of prior financial management or media experience, and prior management and marketing/communications industry experience
- Extended and on-call hours may be required at times to support client requirements.
- Strong knowledge and experience in all online and offline media functions (Media Planning, Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Search Engine Marketing (SEM), Programmatic Media Buying, Social, Analytics, Technology, etc.)
- Proficient understanding of marketing concepts, specifically in the pharmaceutical and patient markets
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally, manage teams, and supervise professionals
ALL FOR GOOD
CMI/Compas was built on inclusion and diversity. It is in our DNA and core values. Challenging the norm is where we started and it’s what drives us as a health leader, indispensable partner, and home for our employees. We are a group of hearts and minds who want to make a difference and celebrate being different, to give voice to and truly hear our people and our partners. We believe in more than “all”. We believe in “all for good.”
CMI Media LLC and Compas, Inc., are an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
We will not accept resumes or candidate submittals from employment agencies or outside recruiters.Back to Current Openings