As a key leader within our agency, The Director, Programmatic helps lead CMI Media Group offerings and provides thought leadership in the Programmatic space, both internally and externally. This role works closely with agency management and leads a team charged with the development of Programmatic strategies and tactics across all channels including but not limited to Display, Video, Native, Audio, Connected TV, and more. Additionally, this role will help lead the development of appropriate Programmatic plans designed to meet clients’ brand and marketing objectives while also identifying opportunities to pull in additional channel leads in the areas of SEM, SEO, Social Media and traditional media as needed.
As part of a core leadership team, the Director, Programmatic is responsible for building and maintaining strong external relationships with appropriate clients, vendors, and agency partners in collaboration with his/her assigned teams. Similarly, the Director, Programmatic Media Buying will establish key relationships with internal stakeholders across all applicable disciplines including SEM, Analytics, Media, Ad Ops, Client Finance, etc. The Director, Programmatic is deeply versed in the planning, buying, and evaluation of Programmatic platforms, suppliers, and strategies, including interaction with leading DSPs, SSPs, Audience Data and Publisher partners. The Director, Programmatic demonstrates expertise in emerging channels such as Streaming Audio and Connected TV, and shares that expertise and establishes best practices both internally and externally.
- Lead the development of Programmatic media strategies and analysis (g., audience and media partner selection, custom data and PMP recommendations, timing/scheduling strategy, creative recommendations, etc.) across all Programmatic media including Display, Video, Native, cTV, Audio, DOOH, and more.
- Assist in the development and expansion of CMI/Compas’ Connected TV, Online Audio and Online Video offerings and best practices in partnership with senior leadership
- Act as top domain expert in leading programmatic platforms such as the Trade Desk and share that knowledge with the CMI/Compas team.
- Initiate partnerships, build relationships, and evaluate leading programmatic suppliers.
- Present new supplier opportunities to the SEM & Emerging Media team; continuously evolve CMI’s technology stack, partnerships, and integrations
- Develop best practices and input on programmatic campaign planning and management
- Serve as a core contributor to client-focused strategic initiatives; articulating departmental and corporate views related to customer segmentation, media tactics, and execution; and, ensuring proposed Programmatic media strategies and tactics align with agreed upon objectives
- Lead Thought Leadership efforts by authoring and reviewing Programmatic related POVs, Case Studies and insights based on industry updates, trends and findings
- Represent the organization in public forums as a key leader for Programmatic, as appropriate
- Partner with Programmatic and SEM & Emerging Media Department Heads on identifying and submitting team work for industry wide awards and recognition
- Take the lead in establishing CMI as an authority in Programmatic, specifically in the healthcare sector
- Launch healthcare industry Programmatic firsts, especially in the area of emerging channels and formats
- Serve as point person for senior client relationships; both existing and prospective, leveraging thought leadership and innovative points of view to strengthen client relationships and develop further business opportunities
- Continuously refine processes for planning, managing, and optimizing Programmatic campaigns; implement successful time saving or result driven solutions
- Drive successful financial performance; maintain P&L statements on a portfolio of clients, managing each relationship to profitability
- Interview, hire, develop and effectively grow high-caliber employees within CMI
- Work with direct reports and team to maintain accurate scoping projections and staff count
- Lead assigned team to prioritize and delegate tasks as needed in the areas of programmatic planning, interaction with publisher and audience partners, campaign setup, QA, pacing, optimization, targeting, reporting, etc
- 7+ years experience managing Programmatic campaigns with a Demand Side Platform, or equivalent experience with a Supply-Side Platform.
- Deep expertise in programmatic publisher, platform, and audience suppliers, especially in the areas of Audio, Video, and Connected TV
- Strong digital media background and project management skills
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Strong Excel skills with the ability to create pivot tables and perform v-lookups
- Proven experience leading and building a team of direct reports consisting of junior, senior and leadership staff
- Expertise in Programmatic buying platforms such as the Trade Desk, Google DV360, and others
- Healthcare/Pharmaceutical background a plus
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, preferably in marketing, business or any quantitative or analytical related fields
- Strong quantitative analysis skills
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Ability to create, grow and expand relationships with clients, vendors and internal stakeholders
- Demonstrable passion for learning new technologies
- Ability to make recommendations of statistically significant data sets
- Utilizes industry knowledge and experience
- Strong business and leadership skills to make independent decisions affecting the daily operations and management of campaigns
- Passion for working in a fast-growing healthcare media agency
Programmatic · Cherry Hill, NJ · Chicago, IL · Costa Mesa, California · King of Prussia, PA · New York, NY · Parsippany, NJ · Philadelphia, PA
ALL FOR GOOD
ALL FOR GOOD
ALL FOR GOOD
ALL FOR GOOD
CMI Media Group was built on inclusion and diversity. It is in our DNA and core values. Challenging the norm is where we started and it's what drives us as a health leader, indispensable partner, and home for our employees. We are a group of hearts and minds who want to make a difference and celebrate being different, to give voice to and truly hear our people and our partners. We believe in more than "all". We believe in "all for good."
CMI Media Group is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates.