Manager, University Learning Services
The Manager, ULS is an enthusiastic coach, passionate about teaching and supporting others, and comfortable working in a fast-paced agency environment. The manager will lead live instruction sessions on a variety of media topics, and help to produce on-the-job resource materials for various roles throughout the organization.
The Manager supports institutional knowledge sharing throughout the media pillar. The impact of this role on the organization will contribute to the retention and organic growth of our business; and ensure our staff are strategically well-placed. As client & business needs change, this department will ensure staff are future-proofed to support evolving client & industry needs.
Though not directly responsible for day-to-day servicing of the Client, nor for the content and delivery of normal Client services, the Manager is responsible for assuring all teams are delivering upon CMI’s best practices, adopting the right tools and processes as appropriate, and will serve as an internal consult to the Media Teams who have direct responsibility for all Client Deliverables. Specifically, working alongside managers to support employee onboarding and continuing education, providing coaching to both manager and employee on expectations for improvement while closely monitoring future deliverables and sustainability of best practices.
Supports Strategic Leadership
- Fully understands entire range of Agency services and can communicate their value to colleagues, educating others
- Contributes to new employee and current employee development; coaching with detailed courses that offer both CMI Media Group-specialized training as well as pertinent industry training; and leads program administration
- Supports new training development enabling teams quickly get smart of changing industry dynamics and preparing staff capabilities for these changes
- Works with technical writer to develop & maintain playbooks for levels/cross-functional roles throughout the agency
- Serves as manager and mentor for new hires & bench employees
- Supports the development of company-wide training initiatives in anticipation of industry eventualities (rapid scaling of programmatic expertise across the agency)
- Supports organizational learning, continuous learning, and knowledge transfer
- Leverages subject matter expertise to educate others on processes & tools
- Maintains relationships with mid-level managers to identify knowledge gaps among junior staff and establish a plan to upskill team members, support improvement plan administration
- Supports on-going training, coaching and staff development for CMI University/unassigned staff
- When gaps are identified with existing allocated staff, will support manager’s responsibility for knowledge level needed to course correct their team
- Supports rapid training & onboarding of new staff, particularly at more junior levels (works directly with new hire’s manager to facilitate 30/60/90 learning plan; if staff is not immediately assigned, will serve directly as new hire’s manager and facilitate onboarding/learning plan)
- Contributes to learning forum, where campaign successes and failures can be blinded and presented to the agency
- Creates & maintains resource templates to aid planners in completing best-in-show deliverables, quickly incorporating new and novel approaches into best practices
- Creates and maintains an easy-to-navigate central repository of FAQs, how-to guides for key role responsibilities, channel overview decks and slides, crowdsources, case studies, and other shareable content that teams frequently seek
- Mentor individuals/teams experiencing disruption due to unexpected departures/turnover or newly formed teams; increasing agency “nimble-ness” as account shifts and account growth occurs
- Experience coaching and building teams
- Demonstrated ability to stay at forefront of industry best practices, new and emerging channels and media strategy opportunities
- Bachelor’s degree; degree in business, marketing, project management, communications a plus
- 4+ years agency experience in client-centric services organization, working with high profile clients and internal stakeholders including strategy, media, analytics, technology, platforms activation, operations, finance, and resourcing
- 2+ years of management experience
- Previous work experience in media, advertising agency and/or communication fields
- Broad and current knowledge of organizational development methods
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Media Planning · Cherry Hill, NJ · New York, NY · Parsippany, NJ · Philadelphia, PA
ALL FOR GOOD
ALL FOR GOOD
ALL FOR GOOD
ALL FOR GOOD
CMI Media Group was built on inclusion and diversity. It is in our DNA and core values. Challenging the norm is where we started and it's what drives us as a health leader, indispensable partner, and home for our employees. We are a group of hearts and minds who want to make a difference and celebrate being different, to give voice to and truly hear our people and our partners. We believe in more than "all". We believe in "all for good."
CMI Media Group is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates.