Senior Vice President, Customer Development
Business Development · Cherry Hill, NJ · King of Prussia, PA · Parsippany, NJ · Philadelphia, PA
The Senior Vice President, Customer Development supports the overall growth of CMI/Compas across new and existing clients. A lead across our pitch process, this individual will be able to provide strategic oversight while also being able to ‘role up their sleeves’ and contribute. Responsible for leading our sales planning efforts as well as working alongside Media Leads to determine growth opportunities of existing clients. This individual is responsible for not only leading the sales team, but also must be successful at prospecting new leads. The Senior Vice President, Customer Development will also provide coaching and mentoring of the sales staff, ensuring the entire team meets forecasted goals.
- Strategically focused on new business growth across new and existing clients, partnering with stakeholders to ensure goals are met
- Responsible for leading the RFI and RFP response process from end to end
- Oversight and execution of yearly sales planning process, leading to the creation of a sales plan and target list
- Owner of our end to end pitch process, with a focus on continuing to evolve to develop winning outcomes
- Experience managing a team of sales professionals, helping them achieve their goals
- Work alongside senior leaders within the organization becoming a trusted partner
- Navigate holding company structures and relationships, in order to successfully lean into and leverage resources
- Lead high-level CMO and Procurement conversations as well as technical media and data discussions. Brings strong communication and commercial skills to the table, navigating negotiations with ease.
- Work closely with Finance to develop scopes of work, staffing plan details and commercial terms
- Proven track record of success in new business pitches at a large agency
- Direct implementation and execution of sales policies and practices (including CRM). Partner with marketing and PR teams to ensure the sales team is well equipped with the latest thought leadership and marketing materials Establish and maintain proficiency in articulating and presenting the full range of CMI/Compas media planning /buying, creative and data management service capabilities
- Cultivate strategic business relationships with Senior Executive Management within corporations, agencies, manufacturers and strategic consultancies to develop long-term partnerships that produce year-on-year sales, revenue and profit growth across the portfolio of existing or new CMI services
- Bachelor’s degree in business, social sciences, or other related field; Master’s degree preferred
- 10+ years of sales experience within an agency environment
- Pitch process leadership role experience at a mid to large agency
- Knowledge of regulated industries highly preferred
- Demonstrated experience in sales planning
- Deep knowledge of technology, data and media planning/buying
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Creative and strategic thinker who is able to take complex problems and address them with simple to understand solutions
- Exemplary written and oral persuasive communications skills. Experience in developing and delivering presentations and business proposals across all types of electronic communication, including Powerpoint, video conferencing , WebEx or GoTo Meeting formats.
ALL FOR GOOD
CMI/Compas was built on inclusion and diversity. It is in our DNA and core values. Challenging the norm is where we started and it’s what drives us as a health leader, indispensable partner, and home for our employees. We are a group of hearts and minds who want to make a difference and celebrate being different, to give voice to and truly hear our people and our partners. We believe in more than “all”. We believe in “all for good.”
CMI Media LLC and Compas, Inc., are an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
We will not accept resumes or candidate submittals from employment agencies or outside recruiters.Back to Current Openings