CMI/Compas Expands Leadership to Support the Next Chapter of Growth and Innovation
March 22, 2019
CMI/Compas, media buying and planning for the nation’s top healthcare companies and part of WPP (NYSE:WPP), is celebrating its 30th year of success and has announced internal strategic changes that will support the company’s future growth. CMI/Compas has reached a major milestone of growth and scale. This has included explosive growth in consumer, data, and global presence. The steps the company is taking are instrumental in further reimagining healthcare media and how people, data, technology, health and media/alternative communication converge. The changes include an evolution of the client service pillars and new roles and titles for several of the company’s lead executives.
“By putting our focus on the clients’ needs, we’ve had the benefit of strong, continuous growth in our 30 years. We still represent our first client. Promoting from within will help us sustain that strength for the next 30,” said CEO Stan Woodland.
CEO Stan Woodland announces the following internal promotions:
- Susan Dorfman, President, CMI Media. She is responsible for the growth and future direction of CMI Media, with a strategic focus on integrated HCP/consumer data-backed interactions on a global scale. She was formerly Chief Commercial Officer.
“The passion we feel for our clients is backed by the mission of what we do – and that is to help improve people’s health by making them aware of important medical innovations,” said Dorfman. “We are venturing into a world where data, technology, media and people intersect, and are best prepared to achieve the unimaginable through the combination of the vision, the people, the imagination and the tools that are CMI.”
- John Donovan, President, Compas. He is responsible for the growth and future direction of Compas, with a strategic focus on strong partnerships and client deliverables. CMI/Compas is the only agency with a department 100% focused on prioritizing and managing supplier relationships. He was formerly Chief Financial Officer.
“Compas has always been a leader and innovator in media investment management. We have set the industry standards for transparency and accountability. As the landscape continues to change, with new channels, new vehicles, new ways of bundling solutions and new audiences, there is a lot to do and learn to continue to be indispensable to our clients and partners. We are ready to adapt, be nimble, and be responsive,” said Donovan. “While the Compas performance-based, share of savings model is unique and valuable, it is our day to day work that brings the greatest value to our clients.”
- James Woodland, Chief Strategy and Financial Officer. He continues to lead agency strategy and assumes the chief finance role across CMI/Compas. He was formerly Chief Operating Officer.
- Nicole Woodland-De Van, Chief Organizational Effectiveness Officer. She is responsible for ensuring the agency is pulling through and delivering on key organizational initiatives; also continues to manage the Supplier Partner Team. She was formerly SVP, Buying Services & Deliverables.
- Eugene Lee, Chief Operating Officer. He is responsible for the global operations of media business leadership, media planning and media strategy disciplines across all clients. He was formerly EVP, Managing Director.
- Justin Freid, EVP, Managing Director, Growth and Innovation. He is responsible for growth, marketing and product development, including the commercialization and launch of new capabilities. This includes oversight of the following teams: search, social/emerging media, customer development, strategic marketing & corporate communications, and product management including AdMission™, CXM/PROACT™ and ByDoctor®/ByConsumer™/ByTarget™. He was formerly EVP, Managing Director.
- Becky Frederick, EVP, Client Finance. She is continuing to manage media operations and is also now responsible for commercial and procurement relationships with clients. She was formerly EVP, Managing Director.
- Gia Mauriello, EVP, Customer Experience & Excellence. She will ensure the highest quality of service deliverables both for our clients/partners and internally within CMI/Compas. Indispensability will continue to be our measure of success. She was formerly EVP, Commercial Excellence.
The following executives’ titles and roles remain unchanged:
- Paul Kallukaran, EVP, Performance Analytics and Data Science
- Nancy Logue, VP, Human Resources
- Michelle Potts, VP, Buying Services and Deliverables
CMI/Compas established a mission to be an indispensable partner to its clients. This dedication to client service is reflected in the changes, including the creation of a new role of EVP, Group Client Director, which will be responsible for client satisfaction and business leadership overall. Johanna Tompetrini and Melissa Barnhart fill these roles and will be added to the Executive Leadership Team. In addition there is the introduction of a dedicated customer experience and excellence center focused on representing the voice of our customers.
CMI/Compas, has brought many firsts to healthcare marketing, and is this year celebrating its 30th anniversary as the leading healthcare-focused media buying and planning resource to the world’s game changers in pharma and life sciences. Those looking to join the CMI/Compas team can visit the company’s career page for more information and a link to apply click here.
Well-known as a media planning and buying organization for healthcare clients, sister agencies CMI Media, a WPP company (NYSE: WPP, http://www.wpp.com), and Compas, Inc. together form the indispensable strategic marketing partner to the world’s game-changers in health, offering guidance at every level of marketing. CMI/Compas focuses on core service offerings of Audience Strategy and Non-Personal Promotion Strategy, Planning, Buying, and Customer Insights and performance management/precision analytics. With continuous investment in the things that really matter, CMI and Compas have achieved unsurpassed tenure of healthcare marketing talent, clients and suppliers. CMI/Compas has eight offices across the US. The family of companies is actively recruiting for healthcare marketing jobs here.