The Value of FAQ Pages for SEO
June 17, 2020
FAQ pages are a great way to improve user experience. An easy-to-find page for your target audience’s commonly asked questions, a FAQ page, can serve as a hub for consumers and HCPs who are unsure where to find specific information, as well as a great tactic for improving your website’s rankings. A good FAQ page can attract potential customers and build trust in your business. From an SEO perspective, it can improve organic rankings and help you to better target coveted Rich Snippet Results. These are specialized search listings that provide answers to users’ questions and appear directly on the search engine results page in the top spot.
The Benefits of Having a FAQ Page
A FAQ page is a one-stop shop for searchers to find answers about your brand, products, or service. It is also a great way for people to get answers to their queries quickly. It is an organized collection for your users’ needs:
• Answer Often-Asked Questions: As the name suggests, frequently asked questions can be addressed in a way that is easy to read and easy to navigate.
• Address New and Emerging Issues: Sometimes, it can be challenging to find a home on websites for new and emerging issues facing your users. A FAQ page is a natural place to add this information as it comes up. If there is specific information your brand needs to share (even if users aren’t yet searching for it), this can be a great place to house that content as well. It does not require any architecture or navigation restructuring and can be as simple as adding an additional Q&A.
• Boost Organic Visibility: For pharma sites, this page can also be a great way to boost organic search visibility by adding valuable content that includes user keywords and queries. Easy to read, semantic language helps to ensure that search engines understand the meaning behind the questions and better rank your content for relevant search queries.
Added Bonus: FAQs Feed Voice Search
As the use of voice assistants have increased, the use of voice search has also increased. 60% of smartphone users have tried voice search at least once in the past 12 months. This demonstrates that users are looking for the fastest way to get their answers. About 3% of all voice search results come from FAQ pages and this number is expected to increase exponentially. It is becoming increasingly necessary to make sure sites have an optimized FAQ page.
Elements of an Optimized FAQ Page
In order to boost organic visibility and provide an optimal user experience, your FAQ page needs to be fully optimized and should include the following elements:
• Keyword-Focused Q&As: It is important to work with your SEO team to create a series of questions and answers that are focused on your audience’s unique search intent.
• Q&As should include succinct questions and answers that feature targeted keywords.
• FAQ content should align with what users are searching for on search engines.
• Content should address the top concerns of HCPs, patients and caregivers.
• Internal links after each question to expanded content: Answers should have links to relevant pages on the site that have more detailed information on the topic to guide users. This will also help with user engagement metrics such as time on site and pages per session as users further explore the site to find more information regarding their initial or subsequent questions.
• User-Friendly Design & Navigation: As with all content, a clean, easy to follow design allows users to continue browsing the site and find more relevant and insightful content.
• Semantic, Easy-to-Read Language: Keep your questions and answers simple, easy-to-read. This will help your users easily understand and find the content they are looking for. In addition, it will help search engines relate your content to relevant search queries and keywords, leading to better rankings.
• Link Your FAQ Page in the Main Navigation:
Be sure to include a link in the main navigation of your site to the FAQ page. This will ensure a visitor can find it without having to dig for it, it will assist search engines that crawl and index the page, and it will alert search engines to the value and importance of the page.
• FAQ Structured Data for Better Ranking and Voice Search: Structured data, also called schema, is a line of code on the page that describes the type of content on the page that helps search engines categorize and index your content. Adding schema to your FAQ page will help search engines translate your content as it relates to user queries. It can also help your site rank better for related search queries and pull ahead of your competitors in your subject matter.
• Implementing structured data increases your chances for questions and answers to appear directly on search engine results pages and to be the preferred resource for voice search.
Getting Started with a FAQ Page Content
To ensure FAQ pages are impactful, be sure to include relevant information and review and update frequently. With thorough keyword research, content analysis, and search interest analysis, we can help to ensure that your digital properties are addressing all of your audience’s questions. We specialize in helping our clients engage their audience they can provide them with valuable information which helps them along their HCP or patient journey. Contact us today and learn more about our specialized services.